Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

"Don't leave," he says. "I don't want you to go." And in his eyes, I feel an earnest sense of urgency magnified further with the longing in his voice. "Why?" I ask in anticipation. He locks gazes with me, and nonchalantly says, "because I will miss you." I feel my heart skip a beat and those stupid butterflies flutter in my stomach. Great. I feel like a 15-year old kid again. He stares at me intently, with those green eyes that seem to scrutinize my every reaction. Oh God. Stop looking at me. A smile and a shrug was all I could muster, then bowed my head as I feel my cheeks start to flame red hot. I could not let this dude know just how much he had an effect on me. I just could not. Not right now, not yet at least.

As I slowly look in his direction, he seemed to be in deep thought. It looked like he was trying to piece a better argument in his head. Looking at him like that, all agitated and saddened about it, made me sad. I didn't want to leave either. I mean, not now when I'm actually getting to know you. He was looking at me again. I tried to bow my head and look in the other direction. Seriously, I'm all butter inside. If Steve were here, he'd make cracks at it. Oh well.

I could tell with the way he looked that he was anxious. The day dragged on with him intently staring towards my direction. One time, I caught him off-guard with his eyes fixated on me as if I was the only person in the room. That made me feel all warm and fluttery inside, but it also made me feel so self conscious I couldn't even look up after that. I just went with a, "what," in a tone that conveyed annoyance to some degree. I wasn't annoyed but yeah, it certainly feels weird having someone gape at you like you were some fish in a tank.

You don't know how you make me feel. Sigh. I look at him, he gazes back and for a split-second there I could tell that he sensed what I was thinking. I could be wrong though. He was restless since this afternoon because I almost was late for work. That's sweet though. Having someone worry like that for you. Or maybe, it's just me putting so much thought into things? LOL. Oh get a grip Mae. Seriously.

The day ends with us parting ways. The lift closes and I catch a glimpse of him staring back at me. Again, with the same sad expression he had this afternoon when I broke the news to him. I did not want to leave. As I make my way across the expanse of the building, I hear them talking. I could barely make out the topic though. I strode quickly to avoid them. I had to leave. I didn't want to hear those words anymore. I don't want you to leave.

The drive home was cold and for the first time silent. Dad was still mad about me getting home at around 2 in the morning. He still had not gotten over that. It was a short drive though and as we pulled into the drive way, I get a message from him. It said, it sucks that you're leaving. To which I quickly replied, why? You don't want me to go? Why is that? A couple of minutes pass and he retorts with, because I will miss you. I knew he would say that but wanting to know more, I decided to probe and ask why? To which he just simply writes back with, because I like you. Ah, the power of words! Wow. That kilig feeling sweeps over me in waves and I feel my face colour. I was grinning from ear to ear like the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland. I wrote back with, Thanks? I like you too. And that was it. So ends the night with this post.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers