A fellow Plurker inspired this post. Essentially, it's a list on the saddest tearjerkers in Cinema history. Some of these movies I've seen myself, others I've been wanting to see for quite some time now. There's just something about watching sad movies. You experience the gravity of loss of the characters, the varying depths of desolation and that overwhelming feeling of grief and despair entangled within the various plots in the story. Most people would agree that such an experience is enlightening. Makes one truly appreciative of what one has. Then again watching people suffer, even through film, is an intense ordeal for me. Yes, I consider myself a crybaby in that, I almost always cry at the end of a movie. I remember weeping buckets over The Pianist, The Notebook and Schindler's List. City of Angels always get me sniffing like crazy, it doesn't help either with that Sarah McLachlan song playing in the background. I'm a sucker for these movies.
- Saving Private Ryan
- My Girl (with Macaulay Culkin)
- Ghost
- A Walk To Remember
- Patch Adams (endearing plot)
- House of Flying Daggers (preferably with subtitles)
- Dead Poet's Society
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (also with subtitles)
- Message In A Bottle (wanting to read this Nick Sparks novel for a long time)
- Stepmom (dying of Cancer is always sad)
- Gladiator
- The English Patient
- Meet Joe Black (Brad Pitt, go figure)
- Life As A House (love, love, love this movie)
- I Am Sam (Sean Penn gave a stellar performance here)
- Radio
- Crash (seen it twice, never understood though)
- Simon Birch (watched it at school, cried like crazy)
- Forrest Gump
- Awakenings (one of Robert De Niro's finest films)
- Boys Don't Cry (I loved Hilary Swank in this movie)
- Cast Away
- Bi-Centennial Man
- Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (intrigued about the plot)
- Free Willy (oh c'mon, don't tell me this didn't make you sob a little when you were a kid?)
- The Way We Were (a Barbra Streisand and Robert Redford classic)


