Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Art of Kissing

A kiss is just a kiss, he said. That isn't the case now, is it? His desire to kiss me for quite some time now has definitely made things pretty interesting lately. Oddly enough, his unsuccessful attempts to kiss me reminded me so much of this particular scene from William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.

Romeo: If I profane with my unworthiest hand this holy shrine, the gentle sin is this. My lips, two blushing pilgrims ready stand to smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss.
Juliet: Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much, which mannerly devotion shows is this. For Saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch, and palm to palnm is holy palmers' kiss.
Romeo: Have not saints lips, and holy palmers, too?
Juliet: Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer.
Romeo: Well, then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do. They pray, grant thou, lest faith turn into despair.
Juliet: Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake.
Romeo: Then move not, while my prayer's effect I take. [They kiss.] Thus from my lips, by thine, my sin is purged.
Juliet: Then have my lips the sin that they have took?
Romeo: Sin from my lips? O trespass sweetly urged! Give me my sin again.
Juliet: [They kiss again.] You kiss by the book.

I have no problem with him kissing me. I actually welcome and would very much love to entertain the notion. Kiss me. However, there are certain parameters to be considered before the actual kiss comes to play for me. As silly and ridiculous as I may sound to most [yes Eric, I know you'd call me on that], I actually have those set before I even contemplate such a kiss.

I have no problem with smokers. It's just the secondhand smoke and the cigarette smell that puts me off, not to mention the cigar after taste in the mouth. It's just one of the things that I would really put my foot down against. No to kissing a person who's had a smoke. It doesn't matter what time of the day or how many hours has passed since then, I am not going to allow anyone for that matter to stick their tongue down my throat. No way.

Breath mints or strips are always good. I love the minty fresh breath as well as the cool and tingly sensation I get in them. Things get pretty interesting with mint so do stock up. LOL.

A kiss should be spontanenous and effortless. It has to come out naturally, like the need for air. Plotting, planning and devising ways to kiss a person is sweet, but kissing the person outright at the moment is better. A hell of a lot better actually. Being unpredictable to a certain degree is endearing.

Grammar-Nazi Eric [ha-ha, sweet revenge!] thinks other wise. I don't know what he meant entirely. I was pretty sure he found it hilariously outrageous that I would have a kiss etiquette in place. It sounds strange I'll admit, but I have kissed so many frogs and losers out there that I can't keep count anymore.

I know there is no perfect way of kissing. Every kiss is relative towards your emotions at the time of the act. I'm fully aware that the best kisses are done intuitively. Then again, I'd rather have someone I'm attracted to attempt to kiss me the way I want to be kissed; makes it more charming and [him] irresistible that way.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers