My mac broke down for the third time and thanks to my trusty N82, I'm posting again. Yay! These past few days have been pretty interesting, making me see a lot of things in a different perspective altogether.
It's safe to say I like where things are going right now, as far as hanging out goes. Taking my time and having a blast! Might as well enjoy every single minute, right? LOL.
So, what's with the title you ask? Well, let's just say that it was inspired by the men in my life right now. LOL. Indulge me, you say? LOL. Okay. Dad picked me up at work today and as soon as I got in the car, he started quizzing me, which by the way is unbecoming of him because he doesn't seem to care a lot about me. I mean we barely really talk.
Anyhow, he starts off with, "Are you seeing anyone right now?" Bemused more than irritated I ask, "why?" He shocks me again with, "it's okay with me, just stick to your own kind." Normally, I would just shrug off whatever he says but intrigued by the sudden show of concern I continued by remarking, "Dad, we're just hanging out. Okay?" He paused for a second, looked me straight in the eye and said, "I don't like you dating other guys that aren't Filipino. I don't want you to get impregnated then be left alone to raise the baby. I don't like it one bit." He closed his eyes for a moment then said, "I'm getting old. You are not going to date this guy."
As dumbstruck as I was, I couldn't believe how my dad who seems to ignore every bloody thing about me now shares a piece of insight with me. By the time we got home though, he dropped the subject. Thank God! As relieved as I was however, the shock hadn't washed off completely.
I am only 22 and already my dad thinks I'm seriously contemplating marriage? Wow. Perhaps in the past that would've been very probable. Now? I don't think so. I mean, I have a whole new life ahead of me. There's no need to rush. I've got time. Plus, I have to find and meet the guy first, right? LOL. Oh yeah, being single does have its perks.


