Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Office Politics

Okay. This week by far is the worst week ever. First, he gets mad, refuses to talk to me then dumps me. And we find out that the client has cut our hours from 8 down to 6 hours! Imagine, $66 per day would be just about a little over 600 minus taxes? I don't know probably about $400? Now how am I supposed to pay the rent and bills plus send money home with that kind of income? Sigh. Nakakarma na ba ako?

I don't know, pretty soon I have to find a part time job and quick. I mean I hope it doesn't make a turn for the worst. I really need the money right now.

Okay enough of the bad news. Every one at work seemed to be nice today. Well, at least some were more than polite and actually took time to converse or mingle with other people. The office discussions were so diversified in topic and today it ranged from the flu shots and how it actually aided the mutation of the cold virus to Tim Horton's ridiculous ads to signing up for the Military. 

The funny part was most discussions involved men giving their 2 cents in. Akala ko ba mga babae ang madadaldal? LOL. Anyhow, today was an okay day. It wasn't the best but for now I'll settle with what's available. People were much more attentive and showed the slightest bit of interest in me, well the new guys did. It was sort of nice to be asked questions such as, "how long have you been in Canada? Where are you from? Did you come here to finish school?" And the pleasure of seeing the mixed reactions on their faces whenever I tell them I am an RN back home and I've been in the country for about 2 months now. I never get tired of that esp. when people go, "what? You're a nurse? What are you doing here [in the call center]?" LOL.

Yeah. I keep asking myself the same question. Bakit ako nagtitiis sa call centre? I could be making about $ 55,000 annually or about $ 4,500 monthly. I know, that's a lot of money. But hey, every one's gotta start small right? And besides, I'm saving up for the exams so 'til then I have to put food on the table.

Anyhow, I liked how people responded to me today. I find Eric being the most outspoken person today, witty and surprisingly refreshing than most guys I've met so far. Aaron was pretty nice too, he intently stares at Laboni so often though that sometimes it gets creepy. Haha. Jesse spoke more than 10 sentences to me today so I think that's good. I think he's slowly opening up to the old guys. George, the buff guy surprised me today. He got into in depth discussions about the spread of epidemics and how the flu shots affect the cold virus' mutation leading to its eventual spread. As usual Parvin and Laboni were wrapped in conversation, Bangla as usual. Amit was his usual self, teasing Laboni, still trying to get her attention. LOL. Today wasn't bad except the part when Parvin put me on the spot asking me, "gusto mo s'ya," all the while pointing at Amit. I didn't see that coming at all. 

What was I to say? I mean, I never thought about it at all. It never even occurred to me that I would be asked that question. Not that I would mind but still, it caught me off-guard. The best response I could muster? "Okay lang s'ya. Mabait naman e." Because really, I haven't really thought about how I felt towards him until now. And to be honest, I've never given much thought to that. Nakakagulat pa lalo nang sabihin n'yang gusto n'ya ako. Now that was really most unexpected. Nawindang ako no'n! LOL. I mean, for weeks now I've seen him make the moves on Laboni. Ever so much that I tease him about trying so hard. Tapos ako isusunod? Ayoko naman manghusga kasi I could be wrong di ba? Then again, baka may basis s'ya in saying that. What a very unpredictable move though.

So what do I feel towards him? Sa totoo lang, di ko alam e. As I've said he's nice and fairly decent naman except the smoking and the other thing. Funny and witty rin tapos he reads books so at least may utak s'ya. And I don't want to sound conceited but he seems to enjoy hanging out with me although I find that odd. Like today we were sent home early (bwisit nga e) and I had to wait for like 20-30 minutes for Dad to come pick me up. He stayed behind and waited with me. I mean at first I thought okay, he's being polite and all but he did actually stay and even walked me to my dad's car which was parked on the other side of the building. It was snowing pa. I thought that was kind of a sweet gesture and very gentlemanly of him. So why am I surprised? Kasi nakakagulat talaga behavior n'ya. He's pretty much like Janong which when you come to think of it, di n'ya pinapahalatang he cares about you. Okay, that's weird though. Why would he care? And more so, why am I asking this question?

Anyhow, that was kind of a nice way to end the day although it felt pretty awkward at the part where we said our goodbyes. LOL. And tomorrow, someone might have a field day reading this entry but I don't care. They can take it anyway they want. I don't really care.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers