Case in point: we made plans yesterday to go check out TIFF Bell Lightbox and the CN Tower because let's face it, when do we get to really do that as a family? Never. What with his busy schedule, it's a rarity for us to even spend an afternoon together. Yet just as we were preparing to go out he tells me a client [a good friend of his] needs logos, brochures and website done ASAP in preparation for a meeting slated Tuesday. My jaw dropped literally because we've had these plans in place since last week and he had the audacity to cancel on us in the last minute?
Infuriated, I locked myself in the room and barely spoke to him the entire day. Heck, if I had it my way, I'd take off with Kiddo for a week. But alas, living in Canada and frankly speaking still on maternity leave, I can barely afford such a getaway and honestly I don't have friends to have known well enough to aide me.
After a long day, he finally got the message, apologized and vowed he would make up for it. I have yet to see that come into fruition but I have high hopes. Another letdown would be, well, disastrous for him. I don't do disappointments well.
Infuriated, I locked myself in the room and barely spoke to him the entire day. Heck, if I had it my way, I'd take off with Kiddo for a week. But alas, living in Canada and frankly speaking still on maternity leave, I can barely afford such a getaway and honestly I don't have friends to have known well enough to aide me.
After a long day, he finally got the message, apologized and vowed he would make up for it. I have yet to see that come into fruition but I have high hopes. Another letdown would be, well, disastrous for him. I don't do disappointments well.


